Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's arrest yesterday for allegedly "scheming to sell Barack Obama's Senate seat" was quite an eye-opener for me. Is there any chance we can get some federal investigators down here? An elected official who thinks he's above the law? The Governor is also charged with "illegally threatening to withhold state assistance...to the Chicago Tribune, in an attempt to strong-arm the newspaper into firing editorial writers who had criticized him."
Hmmm...thoughts of Mayors dance in my head, yet I can't figure out why. I think I just like Mayors so much that I often think of them when I'm reading the Post and Courier.
School closings? I'm not surprised. It sounds like the plan is finally being carried out. And we've got just the school board to get the dirty work done.

No comments: