Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Passing the ball

Well, the ball has officially been passed. Dr. McGinley is leaving it up to the board on how to deal with Buist. She says the board "needs to give the administration direction on how to enforce the policy." Well, Doc, you didn't seem to have any problem enforcing the policy at St. Andrews Math and Science, so what's the problem?
Funny to watch ol' Mr. Meyers finally show his true colors publicly. Mr. Meyers, who told these parents they can move? Anyone with half a brain knows that would never stand up in a court of law and you know it.
Mr. Brandenburg? Well I can't help but wonder why his panties are all in a wad. UNLESS, he has something to hide. And what's the deal with this "district document from February 2007"? Parents have "relied on an understanding" they can fake an address to get into Buist, Mr. Brandenburg. That's what they've relied on. And who let them believe that? Well Miss Sallie Ballard, of course. Or was it Dr. Rose? If Dr. McGinley wanted to truly make things right, she should point those "ladies" to the door.

District 20 board chair Pam Kusmider "hopes the board does what is right for downtown residents." Don't hold your breath, lady. Aren't you the one filing lawsuits and civil rights' complaints? Since when do you "hope" the board will do the right thing? Give me a break.

Honestly, Mr. Douglas seems to be the only one who makes sense in the article. He says "students who entered (Buist)...because of their peninsula residence still should be living downtown or be asked to leave the school." Sounds pretty simple to me.
So why does Dr. McGinley need to pass the ball? Enforce it, girl. That is, unless you want to prove what so many of us believe to be right. "We" let people use whatever District 20 address they want and live wherever they want because CCSD wants to keep black District 20 residents out of Buist. You think we all live in the projects and as a result we must be rotten apples. Hey, District 20, where's THAT OCR complaint? Prove us wrong, Dr. McGinley. Do the right thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those who know me know my craziness, I check these blogs and read the paper once in a blue moon and when I do I only get disappointment. That is what I get for listening and checking in with the local media. I only wish the newsless courier would have posted my comment in the situation "I wouldn't hold my breath"
Underdog-
What has happened to you? Did you really say that Douglas is making sense? You must be suffering from some psychosis.
What I really want to know is what has happened to Pam. Were we not listed on the same law suit? Me the lone parent trying to get access to the only excellent school in her neighborhood backed up by a united district 20 board. Guess I was wrong Pam. Since when did we think that the CCSD or superintendent remotely expected to do the "right thing"? Hello Pam remember me. I am the one on the sand bar alone right now. I know tomorrow you will get knocked back to reality.

Anonymous said...

Some of us are hoping against hope. That's also what makes us human. Call me naive, but I'll hold my breath for a little while. Who knows, for some self serving reason, even some people connected to CCSD might do the right thing for a change. I'm sure Pam Kusmider would be willing to eat some crow if that happens. I'll join her in sampling the dish, but I doubt that it will be necessary. Until CCSD and the Super fix this, the law suit and OCR investigations still move forward. Right?